Founded in 1731, Maison Bouchard Père & Fils is one of Burgundy’s oldest wine merchant houses. Over the centuries, Bouchard has been acquiring highly renowned vineyards, and today it is one of the most prestigious Domaines in Burgundy. Bouchard has 130 hectares of vines in the heart of the Côte d’Or - 12 classified as Grand Crus and 74 as Premier Crus. The famed vineyards include: Beaune Gréves Vigne de L’Enfant Jésus, Chevalier-Montrachet, Montrachet, Corton, Corton-Charlemagne, Bonnes-Mares, and Clos Vougeot, to name a few.
In 1995, Bouchard was purchased by Joseph Henriot and today is part of Maisons & Domaines Henriot. Maison Bouchard Père & Fils has invested in a modern cuverie, enabling top quality vinification. From the vine to bottle, the process is handled with meticulous care to ensure the most faithful expression of each terroir.
Installed since the beginning of the 19th century on the site of the ancient Château de Beaune are the underground galleries and bastions built by Louis XI. Maison Bouchard Père & Fils uses these galleries and bastions, located 10 meters below ground, for the slow maturation of its wines under optimal conditions. Millions of bottles, including a rare collection of pre-Phylloxera wines, rest in the cellars today, protected by seven-meter-thick walls.