Clos De La Chapelle
Domaine Clos de la Chapelle is a new name of a very old Domaine. Originally founded by Victor Boillot in 1865 with his purchase of Volnay 1er Cru Clos de la Chapelle (a monopole), the domaine added Volnay 1er Cru En Carelle and Pommard 1er Cru Les Chanlins over the course of the next half century. The reputation of the Clos de la Chapelle monopole vineyard dates back to the 19th century, with Louis Pasteur himself writing regularly to Victor Boillot requesting bottles of this exceptional wine. After nearly 150 years in the Boillot family, the domaine was purchased by Mark M. O’Connell, a life-long Burgundy lover. With recent purchases in the Côte de Beaune, the Domaine now farms nearly 4 hectares, all grand cru and premier cru and is certified organic. The goal of the domaine is to make the best possible expression of terroir for each of the wines under its stewardship.